zondag 26 april 2009

tunes and reading

Music I´ve been listening to:

1/Animal Collective with a special mentioning of singing My Girls out loud when hiking (or when in a supermarket for that matter). Doing all the voices by myself, bien sur! funny stuff!

2/Berlin Calling - Paul Kalkbrenner.- Aaah what can I say! MJ, you know what I mean.

3/I Tank U - T.Raumschmiere. Especially good when I´m on the verge of getting into a foul mood. Angry music makes me happy again, apparantly...

4/Hitsville U.S.A The Motown Singles. dank u Marco!

5/The Lost in Translation Soundtrack... The strange atmosphere both movie and soundtrack contain is so recognazible when you are traveling and wonder what the hell you´re actually doing in a bus terminal in the middle of the night.

6/Mota - Cultura Profetica. It´s Puerto Rican and it´s not reggaeton!

7/Musique Concrete -Calibre. When I´m hiking and need to speed up. (or whenever I need to speed up basically) Goldie has the same effect

8/Different Places - Plastic Operator for sunny, somehow melancholic moods

9/Hercules and Love Affair. Always, just in love with this album

10/Yo Majesty -Futuristically speaking Never be Afraid. Exactly for that reason in the title.Sometimes a girl on her own needs a kick in the ass.

And lots more, ofcourse,but it´ll get boring soon.

Books I´ve red and swapped:
1/On Chessil Beach -Ian Mc Ewan. Blew me away. Incredibly funny and sad at the same time.

2/The count of Monte Cristo. Trust me. a 1200 pager from 1840 is not a book you want to be traveling with but it was the only decent book I could get my hands on on that moment. Plus a classic that had been on my list for some time. People would dazzle and aks me with I in christ´s name i´d be reading. A profound ¨the bible¨was my standard answer.

3/Me talk pretty one day - David Sedaris. Great discovery! Just too funny!

4/Jesus weed. Don´t even bother, it´s even worse then the title predicts. It was a loan from a travel friend and kindly given back after 50 pages.

5/ Veronica decides to die - Paulo Coelho. I´m on it... Started very promising with the main character killing herself on page 1. An hour in the same bus terminal as where I am typing these lines and I´m already on page 64.

2 opmerkingen:

Schmam zei

Schmellen,

op 26 april moet je naar Happy Birthday luisteren van Stevie Wonder...

Tssss, uit het oog, uit het hart...

;-) Hou van je!

Multimediamos zei

Ellen! cuanto tiempo que no se nada de ti! Cómo estás?? Y dónde?? Dime cosas porfa! Espero que estés genial y me cuentes tu aventura pronto en directo!
Muamuamuaaaaaaaaaa