zondag 17 augustus 2008

Last days in Santo Domingo....

Yep, next wednesday I'll fly from Santo Domingo To San Juan - Puerto Rico. I'm a bit sad since I've met so many nice people in such a short time. But then again, I'm curious to see what Puerto Rico is like. Most Dominicans are not so positive about it, but I guess I'd never recommend anyone Rotterdam neither so...


I'm now in my last weekend. Last friday I witnessed my first tropical storm. It took us 2 hours to get home after work, traffic was a complete mess because of the heavy rainfall. Once home I turned on the tele and the storm wass being announced on most channels. One of my friends tried to come over to my place but there were absolutely no taxis available so I stayed home alone, praying for the lights not to fall out. My friend told me he didn't have electricity since 8 o'clock and that this was normal when it rains like this... Ok, nobody warned me so I was candle-less and unprepared as usual but luckily at my place the electricity only broke down when I just got to my bed.
I'm cheating with the picture cause this is one I took a month ago, but I guess you get the point.


Saturday was still rainy but I made it to the MovieMax and back. Today, sunday, is sunny and hotter then ever. The only thing I can think about is ice cream, actually so I guess that's my plan for the day. That, and getting started on those suitcases again...

2 opmerkingen:

Multimediamos zei

Hola Ellen!!

Me encanta leer todo lo que haces por allí, que buena idea tener un blog!

Cuándo te puedo ver de nuevo?

Todavía funciona tu móvil de siempre, no?

Sigue escribiendo en inglés!!

Un abrazo, cuídate mucho.
Te quiere, tu española favorita

ellen zei

Ah nena!
El movil de siempre sigue vivo (aunq casi lo perdi, dejandolo en un taxi :p ellenada!)

Tambien te necesito ver pronto YA pero creo que sera noviembre....

un beso enorme, te quiero